Monday, February 27, 2012

From the beginning....

It's been a journey. Here is a little bit of background to how we got to this point. Travis and I got married in August of 2002. We were excited to start our family, but really wanted to enjoy being married first. Travis was coaching Track and Field and training in the Decathlon.  I was teaching and working on my Masters. 

Then in 2006 we decided a little Geopfert would fit nicely into our family. ;)  That year went by and we had no luck. In 2007, we went a fertility doctor. That year I started clomid.  Then in Sept through feb we tried 6 IUI's...No luck.  In March of 2008, our doctor in Waterloo recommended we go to Iowa City. When we got to that appointment I was late with my period and had a pregnancy test that was positive. I can't explain the feeling of excitement!!  A couple weeks later we went for an ultrasound and saw a sac, but no baby. I had a DnC a week or so later. I'd say this was one of the lowest points in this journey.

The rest of 2008-2009 we took a break from trying to get pregnant. We enjoyed life and each other. We tried to take advantage of our time together without a baby. ;) We enjoyed visiting family and friends. And during that time we tried to just let life happen.

In the summer of 2009, Travis got a job offer at the University of Arkansas. So we packed up and moved south.  The last part of the year we started to go to the Tulsa Fertility Center and had 2 more IUI's, with no luck.

After they were not successful, we discussed in-vitro in 2010. In October/November we had our first round of in-vitro. All was looking good and we got a positive test. A couple days later the numbers dropped and it was considered a miscarriage. In December/January we tried again and had the same results. A positive test then dropped numbers, and a miscarriage.

At that point, we decided to stop all fertility treatments. I was getting really tired of all the medicine and Travis was tired of me being an emotional roller coster. ;)

1 comment: