Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Good-byes are not easy

Today we are hitting the road. Our paperwork in still getting processed in Virginia. We are hoping they finish the paperwork today and send it to Arkansas. Basically Virginia says, "ok, you can take the baby out of our state.". Then Arkansas says, "ok, you are cleared to bring the baby to our state.". Apparently this process isn't as easy as that. ;). It's taking a little longer than I was hoping. We are SO ready to be back home.

Since we haven't been cleared to leave Virginia we are just driving to the Virginia/Tennessee border today. It feels good to get on the road and out of the four walls of the hotel room.

As for Katie, she had to say good-bye to the baby today. This has been something I have felt anxious about for a couple days. I knew it would be hard for Katie. I gave her some alone time with the baby. When I came back there were tears in Katie's eyes. I felt so helpless. I told her that I wished there was something I could say to make her feel better, but I knew there was nothing to say.

I took Katie to an Extended Stay place. She will stay there for a couple weeks. She and Travis went on a college visit yesterday. She filled out all the paperwork for admissions, housing, and financial aid. What a big step for her!!!

Travis flew out to Boise, Idaho this morning. What a busy time for him!! Won SEC conference, got a baby, and now he's off to coach at NCAA Indoor Nationals!! Wouldn't it be wonderful if they won Nationals!!! Wooo pig sooie!!

So good-byes are not easy. But I know that we will see Katie again soon. We will be sending here loads of pictures, Skype with her and text!

That kiss she left on her baby's head will not be the last kiss she gives him!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so beyond excited for you guys! You are the most caring and thoughtful person and I am sure you made it as easy as it could possibly be considering the difficult decision she had to make. You two are going to be such amazing parents, good luck with everything and I know I don't have to tell you to enjoy every moment of it!

    ReplyDelete