Sunday, March 11, 2012

Welcome home, Baby Jones

It is so wonderful to be home! We got home Friday at 5:00. It was a really long day of traveling, but worth it once we pulled into the driveway! Gary, Lynda and I introduced Jones to his home. We settled in quickly with a diaper change. :)

We were also surprised with a beautiful arrangement of diapers!!! Our friends collected over 2,000 diapers!!! We got diapers in all different sizes!! My friend, Lora, even made a diaper cake!! I will put a picture below.

Shortly after we got home, Grandma Doris...er should I say Great-Grandma Doris came with her friend, Richard. Then my mom and sister pulled in the driveway!! It was quite the welcome home! Our friend Chris Case also came, along with her sister. She brought back our dog, Buddy. She took him to wear him out before we got home!! ;). It was so so great to have our family here to welcome Jones.

Jones has settled in nicely to our home. He is eating well and also sleeping pretty good!! Each day he gets cuter and cuter!! My mom and sister have been SO much help (cooking, washing bottles, changing diapers, making bottles, helping with laundry, etc...). ;) I have even gotten to take some naps while they spoil and love on the little man!

Travis just got home tonight from NCAA indoor nationals. (Razorbacks were 5 points away from first place!!!!). Yesterday my mom, Heather, Jones and I went shopping and out to lunch. Then Jones got a bath! ;) We also washed all his clothes and put away all his toys that he has already gotten from family and friends. We are humbled by the showering of gifts we have gotten from our long distance friends and family!! Today was rainy so we hung out at home. Tonight Grandma Doris, Rich, Gary, Lynda, mom, Heather, Travis, Jones and I all hung out at the house!

I just can't imagine how Travis and I would have gotten through these last three weeks without the support from our family. Many members have put work on hold to come help us. Others have been supportive from afar by calling, texting and following us feverishly on Facebook/blog. We have the best family ever. Jones is going to be so loved and spoiled....he's one lucky little boy!!!

2 comments:

  1. He is just so darn cute! That is so awesome getting SO many diapers, amazing!! I am glad you are all home getting settled in. Keep the pictures coming:)

    ReplyDelete